Sunday, January 20, 2013

Working on Designs

I finally did it. I STARTED! I've done my first mach-up.

So far it's pretty rough, but that's to be expected since I'm reworking from 3 different patterns. So far it's been fun, I only had to rip out 3 seems.

Sketch for Coat and Dress
So I'm starting with the Coat, I figured that that's the one I can test the soonest with the cold weather. I haven't ridden my bike hardly at all! As soon as it get's to 40 degrees without crazy winds, I'll be out and about testing this bad boy.

Here are a few specs that I'm keeping in mind:
  • Back vents that easily expand and flex when in the riding position
  • Elastic along waistline in back to keep a trim and feminin fit
  • Venting and moisture wicking fabric along sides and under arms
  • Longer back to cover backside 
  • Shoulder seems lie farther down on chest to give shoulders more flexibility
  • Button Loops with Elastic to help with flexibility 
Once I get the prototype worked on more, I'll be happy to share it with you. I'm thinking of doing this in red wool and a matching moisture wicking knit.

As you might guess I'll be making the Dress next, but I'll wait to share more about that later.

I would love to hear some feedback on this one, my first. Can't wait to post more about this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment